Thursday 14 August 2008

Hypnobirthing 2: The Revenge

Our hypnobirthing course came to an end on Sunday. I'm pretty confident that using it when Mrs Mal goes into labour will only be a good thing. Even if drugs are required in the end, I'm sure that her first experience of childbirth will be significantly smoother than some others.

Still, should it not work, then we are definitely going to keep on with hypnosis in the rest of our lives. It can help with relaxation, stress relief, building confidence (and maybe even add a bit of extra spice the bedroom...). There are no doubt all sorts of scripts and mp3s online that we can explore. Interesting times.

In other news...

- Mrs Mal is in the process of creating a nursery.
-I'm pissed off that nobody recognises Gary Oldman's contribution to The Dark Knight
- Watchmen is the best graphic novel I've ever read
- My beloved Aston Villa are 3-1 up at half time in the Uefa Cup.
- Family holiday went well and I saw the Roselyn Chapel (probably spelt it wrong too)
- I really want to gig again.
- The most recent gig we had was last night.
- I think should go and hit the drums and cure myself of the itch.

1 comment:

Katharine Graves said...

You're absolutely right about hypnobirthing. Apart from being the best way of relaxing into a clam and easy birth, the skills you learn can be applied throughout your life. The comment that midwives constantly make is' "I couldn't believe how calm she was" and, "I've never seen such a chilled out baby."

Best wishes

Katharine Graves

Katharine Graves is a hypnobirthing teacher in London